Let's get the elephant out of the room right away, shall we? I did in fact copy Adele with this blog post title, however, the woman is brilliant and I want to be her so I will not apologize for simply attempting to follow in her sparking and supportive (the woman is very practical) shoes.
Where was I? Okay, so, today is my 25th birthday and while it's not a golden birthday it's like a rose gold birthday because this year I turn 25 on 7.17.17 and the exact military time is 17.07...like that HAS to count for something, right? So I came up with a rose gold birthday because I also low key dyed my hair pink last night (see my insta story) to obviously match the new furry pink slippers I got that I am now wearing like real shoes when my friends insist they are, "house shoes", it's whatever. Clearly I'm welcoming 25 with open, only slightly crazy, arms.
I've been thinking A LOT about this birthday because 25 has always been the age at which I look at people and think, wow, they must have it all figured out. Meanwhile, here I am still talking about pink fuzzy slippers so I'd say I've got adulting 80% figured out? Sorry Dad. The past year has been one of extreme personal growth so I wanted to talk about some of the exciting things that 24 brought and my goals for 25. Judge away...
The four biggest things I learned while 24. The good, the bad, and the covered in sparkles;
- I like the idea of change, but I thrive off of a routine. I was made forcefully aware of this during my whole lifestyle change in regards to diet and fitness. Having a plan makes my goals seem achievable. When my goals seem achievable I hit them, so I think anyone can relate to that need for success, specifically someone as competitive as me (side note, I promise to actually talk about my health journey on here soon, it just takes time. That ish is personal!).
- I am a fighter. Yes, I realize how cheesy that sounds, but this year I learned that it takes a lot to keep me down. And if I'm down it's not for long. I don't know that being a fighter is always a good thing but it's a big part of who I am and seldom brings negative affects.
- I don't have to always have it all figured out.
- My parents are the coolest people, and I'm eternally lucky to have them. You know that point in your life where your parents become friends and you truly enjoy spending time with them? IT'S REAL, IT HAPPENED, and it's awesome.
Goals for 25;
- Become a spin instructor. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.
- Find balance. I'm an extremist in most aspects of my life and learning to not only find but accept balance would be cool, or something.
- Sing in front of a crowd. I took 10 years of voice lessons and still cannot make sound come out of my mouth when singing in public. Mind you, this has been a goal for ten years so we'll see how this pans out.
- Self love. More of it.
So there you have it. 24 you've had plenty of ups and downs but you rocked my world in the best way. 25, just like Adele you've got big, glittery shoes to fill, babe. Until next time, BYEEEE.